Sometime it’s hard to say what you mean in a way that your partner understand what you want to say. Miscommunication often leads to arguments, and fights leading to emotional distance.
In an LDR you are already having physical distance to deal with, any emotional distance compromises your whole relationship.
Using this workbook you will get a chance to talk about difficult topics and establish how and when you need to communicate to maintain emotional closeness.
IS THIS WORKBOOK FOR YOU?
When you started your relationship you had certain ideas and expectations about your partner.
But, with time your relationship turned out to be different from what you had in mind.
Deep down you know things are not going well and it’s time to work them out.
If you are having problems in your long-distance relationship, you may find yourself at one of these stages:
- You feel that your relationship isn’t working.
- You are not sure why your relationship isn’t working.
- You have an idea of the issues in your relationship.
- You have issues that you would like address with your partner.
- You don’t know how to bring up these issues.
- When you bring them up your partner doesn’t see them as issues/ ignores these issues.
- Your partner acts defensively to any issues you are trying to address.
- Your attempt to solve these problems turns into arguments.
- Everything you tried isn’t working, you want resolution but don’t know what to do.
So, how do you do that?
HOW WILL THIS WORKBOOK HELP YOU
By offering your partner to work with you through the problems using this workbook, you will find out if your partner is willing to make an effort and to do what it takes to make your relationship work.
- If your partner welcomes this opportunity to resolve your issues, you know they are committed to you and your relationship.
- But, if your partner refuses to go through this process with you, then you know it’s time to move on from this relationship.
Questions in this workbook have been selected by professional coaches based on years of experience helping couples and individuals alike. As you progress through this workbook, you will explore deeper areas of your relationship and uncover what is really going on at the fundamental level.
Throughout this workbook you will:
- Bring up the issues to your partner that you don’t know how to.
- Test the willingness and commitment both of you have to your relationship.
- Identify what’s important for you and your relationship.
- Work on the specific area of your relationship as you would during a coaching session.
This workbook is the next best thing after a coaching session!
(But, if you would like a coaching session, send us a message)
- Discuss your preferences for the meant and the frequency of your communication.
- Get a chance to discuss topics that you wanted to talk about but didn’t know how to bring them up.
You will agree on:
- How you communicate.
- How often you talk.
- How long your conversations last.
- Your topics of conversation when you are together and when you are apart.
- Have a list of topics to discuss.
- Know how to communicate effectively.
- Know how to bring up sensitive topics to address your issues.
- Know how to communicate in a way that you can build a successful relationship rather than causing arguments.
- Know how to handle disagreements in a loving way.
Inside this workbook you will find:
- Topic overview
- Common problems and solutions
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Section guide
- Examples, ideas, questions and exercises for you and your partner
Here’s a sneak preview…
HOW TO USE THIS WORKBOOK
- Click HERE buy this workbook.
- After you make a payment, you will receive a workbook pdf via an email.
- Make sure to save the file on your computer before you begin working with it and save any changes as you progress.
We’ve created a fillable pdf that allows you to:
- Work with it from your computer
- Share it with your partner
- Work on it together when you see each other
- Make a copy of the workbook
- Send an empty copy to your partner
- Fill it in separately and compare your answers
If you need some help along the way, send me a message.
Describe your situation, challenges and what you’d like to achieve.
I’ll get back to you as soon as I can with some amazing ideas and suggestions:)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is communication important in a long-distance relationship?
Effective communication is how you can express yourself, understand your partner, and work out issues in your relationship. In a long-distance relationship, communication is even more important than in a regular one, because most of your relationship is communication. So it’s essential to have effective communication.
What is effective communication in a long-distance relationship?
Effective communication in a long-distance relationship is your ability to talk to your partner in a way that you understand each other.
To reach this understanding, both you and your partner need two skills expressing yourself clearly and listening to each other. To have a healthy and successful long-distance relationship, you have to be able to reach this understanding predominantly through online means.
Why is effective communication important in a long-distance relationship?
Effective communication allows you to maintain a healthy relationship even when you are physically apart. Poor communication creates confusion that leads to unnecessary arguments.
What are some communication problems in a long-distance relationship?
Lack of communication
Will this workbook really help me?
If you can see certain issues in your relationship but your partner is avoiding to talk about it through the questions in this workbook you can bring these issues in a neutral way. Through these questions you will be able to bring up the issue that will seem to your partner that they are coming from a specialist and not from you. This helps when your partner has negative emotions towards you or your situation that causes them act defensively, rejecting everything you say just because it’s coming from, you despite of what you are trying to say.
How exactly will this workbook improve my LDR?
This workbook will give you clarity and help you see if you and your partner are on the same page in your relationship. It will help you discover if you have the same goals. If you do, the next thing would be to do a plan and a timeline to achieve them, and if you don’t, then you know it’s time to move on from this relationship.
Do I really need this workbook to improve my relationship or can I do it by myself?
This workbook has been put together by professional coaches with years of experience. It will guide you through the difficult topics that could be difficult to bring up on your own, yet are necessary if you are to have a healthy and successful relationship.
LONG-DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS – ULTIMATE GUIDE
This is your ULTIMATE GUIDE to help you create a healthy, happy and successful long-distance relationship.
Here, you will learn about yourself and your ideal partner to check how compatible you are. You will also get to explore your current relationship, assess what problems you have and how to fix them.